The Cayman Alternative Investment Summit 2016 (#CAIS2016), held earlier this month in Grand Cayman, featured keynote sessions with Virgin Group Founder, Sir Richard Branson, actors Jaime Lee Curtis and Meghan Markle, Robert J. O’Neill, Team Leader Naval Special Warfare Development Group, and comedian Jay Leno.
Chinus Asset Management CIO Charles Mautz and Managing Director Asma Chandani addressed the economic and market conditions of emerging Asia – a topic of heightened interest amidst Q1 2016's global market volatility. They noted:
- The demographic dividend across Asia is compelling.
- Significant wealth is being created by Asian entrepreneurs as they build companies.
- Indian venture opportunities are attracting substantial investor interest.
- The Chinese government has an interest in ensuring the stability of its currencies.
- Volatility in global markets is likely to persist through 2016, as oil prices normalize and geopolitical circumstances evolve.
- Attractive valuations and discounted P/E ratios in Asian markets present a buying opportunity at a time when CHAM managers are extremely bullish on the earnings growth potential of their portfolio companies.
CHINUS ASSET MANAGEMENT (CHAM), a U.S. West Coast based asset management firm, adopts a contrarian approach that remains confident about finding companies that are thriving in spite of any economic headwinds. CHAM actively manages strategic allocations to local managers in China, India, and Southeast Asia.
© 2016, Chinus Asset Management LLC.